Felt bad for not contributing to the Monday’s project.
So I did spend some time today building my response to the Tuesday’s question: What kind of learning do you value most?
Here it is.
Used photostory (I know – oldstyle or what?). And lots of cc images – thanks for sharing folks! Here are the credits for them:
- secure by Aaron Cole
- private by Tony Hammond
- collaborative by Shelley Bernstein
- competitive by Lucian Bickerton
- directed by Martin Wood
- fun by ianus
- inspired by JB London
- mmm…connected? by Anthony Mattox
- online by Jesse757
- face2face by Micah Taylor
- project based! by Tanya Hart
- ruminative by marmota
- self-paced by Kerri Lee Smith
- serendipitous by Marco Milani
- situated by U.S. Pacific Fleet
- s.t.r.u.c.t.u.r.e.d by Shubert Ciencia
- !surprising! by jaci XIII
- theoretical by Patrick Gage
- transformative by Prem Anandh
I am no expert here but the word association pattern clearly indicates that I like my learning varied. Although a bit cautious about the whole connected community interactive and collaborative thing. Poking it with stick right now. Will report the results.
How does it relate to MOOCs et al.? Well – there is a growing variety out there. There is even variety within each kind (seemingly so little acknowledged!) – just speaking of my experience with Coursera here (compare and contrast social network analysis and networked life post is in the pipeline – promise!). So I think I will fare well:)
Long day so I think I will look through what you all posted tomorrow…now to sleep!